The Cal Poly Pomona Concert Band
The Cal Poly Concert Band is a gathering of students who are dedicating their time and energy to learn the skills, techniques, and performance practices of concert band music. The group performs quarterly in one or more of the several venues on campus.
- Although flexible seating will be utilized, auditions will be used to determine chair placements ensuring the most educationally appropriate placement for each musician while providing the instrumentation necessary to perform music composed for the modern wind band.
- An audition is required of all musicians who wish to be part of the Concert Band.
- Contact Professor John Burdett to schedule your audition.
THE AUDITION WILL CONSIST OF:
- Two scales of your choice (full/practical range of instrument)
- Chromatic scale (slurred - full/practical range of instrument)
- Prepared work or excerpts of your selection (etude, solo, concerto movement, etc. - no more than 2 minutes)
Please arrive 5 minutes early.
Audition will take no longer than 6 minutes.
For more information, contact the ensemble director.
Director: John P. Burdett - email@example.com
UPCOMING PERFORMANCES: see our Calendar of Events
More Photos on Facebook
COURSE #: MU 352L 01
MEETING: MW, 4:30-5:45PM, Bldg. 24, Rm. 105